Friday, May 16, 2008

Swamp Rabbit Bike Trail

Today I ventured out to the Swamp Rabbit Bike trail that goes from Greenville,SC to Travelers Rest. Its around a 10 mile trail and is not all finished yet.
A lot of the trail is pressed down but where its not there is gravel which is not quite as fun to ride on. I saw at least one other person riding on a friday afternoon which I imagine saturdays are busier. There were also guys in a work truck parked along the trail working on trees that had fallen and overhanging branches.

I rode to downtown T.R. and had a cookie and a cup of coffee and made my trek back home. It's a fun trail and now that I look i'm not sure if it was legal that I was on there but i've heard of other people going out riding on it as well. I can't wait for it to be completed and have a nice bike ride through the different areas.

I also saw a little bit of wildlife. There was a snake on the trail catching some sun and there was also a beaver/racoon not sure what it was but it took off when it heard me coming. You can check out the Google Map of the trail at http://www.gcrd.org/swamprabbit/swamprabbitmap.html

It will be nice once it has the rubberized running track and is set to go. Here are some pictures from my adventure today.




No comments: